http://www.avaorthodontics.com/book-your-appointmentIf you are an adult interested in getting braces, we have good news for you, there is no age limit for tooth movement and it’s never too late to have a great smile!
Each year more adults become interested in improving their smiles. As a matter of fact, the fastest growing demand for orthodontic treatment in the United States is amongst the adult age range. In the last few years we have observed a 14% increase in the number of adults seeking Invisalign, braces or hidden braces in the nation.
With FREE CONSULTATIONS and INTEREST FREE PAYMENT PLANS, getting adult braces is simple. Book your appointment online and find out how easy it is to get the smile you dreamed of.
Adult Braces Information
Below are some of the reasons why more adults are seeking orthodontic treatment nowadays:
- Esthetics is becoming more important in our day to day life. Job interviews, social life and most importantly self-impression.
- Advanced technology has made adult treatment extremely cosmetic, shorter, more efficient and more comfortable.
- Higher motivation and compliance in adult patients leads to a better outcome.
- Improved bonding materials minimize braces failure.
If you are considering treatment but are having social and cosmetic concerns, please keep in mind that there are many cosmetically enhanced options that we offer at AvA Orthodontics.
- Hidden braces: Completely hidden and invisible braces that attach behind your teeth. No one will ever know that you are wearing braces unless you tell them. To know more about this option please refer to hidden braces.
- Invisalign: Clear trays that move your teeth gradually to their ideal position. To know more about this option please refer to Invisalign.
- Clear braces: They are made of premium translucent ceramic that gets the shade of your teeth and make it very hard for others to notice them. To know more about this option please refer to braces.
If you have a loved one in treatment, it might be the best time to initiate your treatment as well. It makes more sense to have the treatment done at the same time for the following reasons:
- You bring your child to their appointment anyways, why not sit in the chair and have your treatment done at the same time instead of waiting in the reception area.
- You will share your experience with your child and it usually works as parent-child bonding.
- Many moms and dads are excited about matching their colors with their children.
To accommodate adults; AvA Orthodontics offers unique services including the following:
- Private operatory rooms with Netflix on demand to keep you entertained during your visits.
- Evening appointments to make it more convenient on your work schedule.
Occasionally, the treatment of adult patients can be more complex due to the following reasons:
- Lack of jaw growth which makes growth modification impossible.
- Higher chance of missing teeth due to previous extraction, trauma or cavities.
- Presence of more restorations, fillings, in the mouth.
- Higher chance of gum recession and bone loss.
- Enamel wear.
- Possibility of temporomandibular joint disorders.
- Slower tooth movement due to the bone density.
- Higher expectations.
Although most of the orthodontic treatments for adults are as straight forward as adolescent treatments below is a list of more complicated treatments that might be performed for this age range.
Discrepancy between the upper and lower jaw in terms of size, position, or a combination of both. Depending on the severity of the condition available options are:
- Camouflage: Because growth modification is not possible in adults an orthodontist may camouflage mild to moderate skeletal discrepancies with the extraction of some of the permanent teeth.
- Surgery: In severe cases surgical intervention may be necessary to improve the profile and achieve the ideal occlusion. Read more about surgical orthodontics.
Although adult orthodontics is usually done to improve the smile, bite and the overall oral health, sometimes a family dentist may request a short and limited orthodontic treatment on a few teeth to prepare the mouth for future restorative needs. This type of treatment may include only a few teeth or segments of your mouth.
A common example is the loss of a mandibular first molar and shifting of the second molar into that space. Your dentist may plan for a dental implant for the missing tooth. However, due to the unfavorable angulation of adjacent teeth; the implant placement might be difficult. By limited orthodontic treatment, Dr. Amin Movahhedian and Dr. Hamed Viziri move your teeth back to their original position and prepares the space for an ideal implant. Your family dentist will be able to place the implant for you right after.
We look forward to being a part of your wonderful, life-changing experience.